Tuesday, October 20, 2009

GOBAG Soup Line



Brother, can you spare a bowl of soup?

I counted about 25 people this evening. It was more than last week but less than two weeks before. I feel we should have a blackboard to post publicly for the day how many attended and how many people brought their Sunday School lessons... wait! I mean how many brought their beers.

Marietta Mayor Bill Dunaway came. I think this is his third visit. I think he is considered a lame duck because he is not running for re-election this time and has been getting a hard time from some of the other city elected officials and The Marietta Daily Journal. He knows we will be kind to him.

This evening Monty prepared vegetable soup with beef or maybe it was beef stew with vegetables. Ever which, it was very good. It was a nice preparation for the cold weather just around the corner. I think just about everybody went back for seconds.

Paul Roper brought his old refurbished Chevvy. Which reminds me: One time I was riding down the road and I saw Paul and Ivanell in the same car at a corner. They turned and I turned and fell in behind them. I tooted my horn and they ignored me. At a stop sign I hollered at them and they still ignored me. Then I hopped out of my truck and ran over to them. Then, with me sticking my head into the window they couldn't ignore me any longer. Paul said in so many words that he didn't know it was me and he had he was gripping his tire iron or something.

I didn't find the right chemistry moment to take a certain group picture request by Geri.














5 comments:

G said...

Cute story of you chasing Paul and Ivanell down the road in their Chevvy. I always knew he was the snooty sort *haha

Okay, so you didn't find the right moment to get a photo of the "4" of you. Next time?

It was 90 deg here over the weekend!

Eddie said...

Geri,
90◦?
I think we hit 72◦ today. The only outside thermometer my truck has is a manual roll down window and stick your arm out, but today I was in my wife's car and it said 72◦, after I dressed in long pants and long sleeve shirt for much colder weather at the GOBAG get-together this evening.

Anonymous said...

ROCK, IT WAS MY GUN! THE CAR WAS SO DIRTY AND DINGY THEN,THAT I COULD NOT SEE YOU. BUT LIKE GERI SAYS, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE SNOOTY TYPE.NOT REALLY, I ALWAYS NEEDED ALL THE HELP I COULD GET. NICE PICTURES. THANKS,
PR

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

BROTHER CAN YOU SPARE A BEER?
BUNCH OF SUDS USERS AT HE GOBAGS.
PR