Tuesday, October 06, 2009

1954 Marietta Yellow Pages T throu W



This is it. This is all of the 1954 Marietta Yellow Pages. I hope you enjoyed my plagiarism.

The first page is a repeat. The last time I posted the Yellow Pages the last page is the first page this time.

The reason I am doing this is that I noticed this time that under Underwear Owenby Manufacturing is listed. It also listed the company on Denmeade Street.

Denmeade street has been bulldozed away and replaced by the Marietta Parkway. The Denmeade Warehouse was on Mill Street by the railroad tracks and owned by the Denmead family.

The Denmeades owned a plantation in the area of where Kennestone Hospital is today. This is where Amos, Andy, and George Stephens were scripted to have lived before they moved north.

Now, the final pages:





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

IS THIS THE END OF CHICKEN-FAT AS WE KNOW IT?
PR

Eddie said...

PR,
I don't know how you know it.

It is just the end of the 1954 Marietta Yellow pages...I ran out of pages.

However, I am thinking of replacing it with Olympian's (MHS yearbook) highlights from 1955 to 1960.

By the way, what is your sister's 1st name? I am labeling some pictures I took months ago.

Anonymous said...

CAROLYN. THE YEARBOOK IDEA IS GREAT.

PR

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE WELCOME! ED. LONG ROCK HANDSHAKE.
PR

G said...

The yearbook highlights covering 5 years sounds good ... very time consuming too.

Did Paul tell you that Tom and I were into the "sauce" over the weekend? :)

Eddie said...

g,
No, he told me Tom called him saying it came at 10pm one evening... with a bad number and a bad last name (bad = wrong).
How did you like it?

G said...

Yep, it finally got here at 7:40 (our time) on the scheduled date with the wrong street # and the last name was flubbed (my fault).

Arns sauce had just the right amount of sweetness and tang. Much better than the Kraft I've always used. I told PR all this in an email yesterday. I'm going to resend (sounds like he didn't get it)!

Another GOBAGS tonight. Enjoy yourselves :) ... Tell AG we really liked the sauce.

Eddie said...

G,
I really enjoy it too. It seems to be just right... just enough spice, just enough sweetness, and so on.