Tuesday, October 13, 2009

GOBAG Meeting Minutes



Another GOBAG meeting went under the bridge tonight.

Not much was happening. Only about 21 to 23 people showed up. (I wish people would stop moving around and making beer and pee runs when I am trying to count them!).

As we were sitting up the grill and tables, something like when carnival workers assemble the rides, a man from the American Legion porch came over studying Paul Roper, which reminded me of a beaver in heat, and more or less asked, "Are we neighbors?" They were indeed neighbors and talked about different houses in their neighborhood. They needed a clothes line to talk over. It is strange how you see people and don't think your mind latched on their mind... then, you both find themselves in a strange setting (where each being is used to seeing the other being and you make introductions.

We had three new people to come. One person, Cheney Randall, lured by Paul Roper, seemed to know most of us – not me of course. Another guy came that was very friendly and helped cook, I heard he is related to Marvin but Marvin wasn’t there to handle the introductions. And an elderly lonely man came. His first name was Herman. His wife died a couple years ago. They had been married 55 years. He told me she didn’t want to go to a nursing home. Apparently Herman took care of her until she died. Monty told him any Tuesday he to drop by and share a little food and fellowship.

We had hotdogs, home-deep-fried onions rings, and chili. For a while I stirred the chili…. Man! That was good chili! Brandi would have killed for that recipe… and if she did kill for the recipe the law might not find the body – the proof might be in the pudding*, so to speak.

One big reason the chili was delicious is because I kept stirring it and stirring it, until the novelty wore off and I wandered off to take some pictures. Another reason the chili was so delicious because to Monty Calhoun’s ever improving experimenting with it…. But that was only minor compared to my super stirring … before the novelty wore off, of course.

The only thing else unusual was when I walking back to my car I noticed a grocery store shopping chart turned over on its side.

*idea stole from FRIED GREEN TOMATOES.








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL, ROCK,
YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN.I OVERHEARD SOMEONE STATE AND I QUOTE "ROCK SHOULD WIN A NOBEL PRIZE FOR HIS UNCANNY KNACK FOR GOBAG INFO".
THE DUDE YOU MENTIONED ABOUT BEING KIN TO MARVIN WAS BROWN COURSEY.HE AND GAIL, MARVIN'S WIFE ARE 1ST COUSINS.REALLY NICE GUY.
PR

Eddie said...

PR,
That Nobel prize should go to you. All the uncanny information I have about GOBAGs came from you.

I agree, Brown seemed to be a very nice guy.

Anonymous said...

BABE!
FLATTERY WILL GET YOU EVERYWHERE~

G said...

Who's the one in the gray shirt, 3rd pic down?

Anonymous said...

BROWN COURSEY
PR