Tuesday, October 06, 2009

GOBAG Meetings Today - No Names Tags Needed



The Good Old Boys and Girls had a low attendance this afternoon.

Why?

Well, it is pretty simple and easy to explain: Not as many people came this time.

Last time about 35, give or take a couple came. This time 15 or 16 came.

We were trying to decide if Jackie Barfield should be counted or not. Jackie came from the bar inside, shook a few hands, and went back in.

Big crowd or not, the hamburgers (grilled by Monty Calhoun) and home made onion rings (deep-fried by Sandy Ramsey) were delicious and you can’t beat the fellowship.

Monty had people that wanted a mug with GOBAG on it for ten bucks to put their name on a list. I had to think about it because Martin’s gives seniors a free mug and fill with your choice coffee or a soft drink each time you come in with it. But you don’t get to see your formative years buddies at Martins.

There will be more about the mug at a later date.

One of us told the rest of us that this he was over 800 engineers while building an atomic energy plant near Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Uh-huh.






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROCK, JUST THINK OF THE STORIES ROCKY AND SABRINA WILL BE ABLE TO TELL ROCK III ABOUT THE STORY BEHIND THE MUG. IF YOU NEED A LITTLE HELP, I WILL BE GLAD TO GET HOMER TO ASSIST YOU. I STILL CANNOT FIND MY PASSWORD.
PR

Eddie said...

PR,
Did you click on the thing that says, "Forget Password? It will either guide you through or offer to give you a new one I bet.

G said...

Eddie, thanks for the tuesday recap, as always.

Eddie said...

Geri,
You are welcome. There wasn't much going on there tonight.... I think the dark clouds was probably a threat.

Reuben said...

You need to on occasion let other use your camera and snap a few photos of you to be included in your weekly report.

Anonymous said...

NOONE BUT ROCK IS LICENSED TO TAKE PHOTOS FOR GOBAGS.
PR

Anonymous said...

WHO IS PAUL ROPER?
PR

Eddie said...

Let me change that.

Eddie said...

Reuben,
A friend did take the camera from my hand and took a picture of me about 3 or 4 weeks ago..which made the Chicken-Fat post.
I normally prefer to be on the view-finder side of a camera than the lens side... after all I don't want to lower Chicken-Fat's high standards (me rolling my eyes around to see if anybody believed that).