Wednesday, June 04, 2008

TRINITY COMIC BOOK


This is DC COMICS newest comic book, TRINITY and this is the first issue, and I believe today is the first day it was on the stands – here in town, anyway.

It is written by Kurt Busiek and drawn by Mark Bagley… and a whole crew of people that did the colors, lettering, and all that.

Just flipping through it, not reading or looking yet in detail, it appears that quiet a few superheroes hang out together such as Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman.

Mark Bagley will be able to carry his expertise from years of drawing THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN to TRINITY.

This will be a weekly comic book series – I think I heard it is go for a full year – then something else.

I noticed that all the superheroes have a blue hair… they always have, ever since the beginning of time… their time anyway, which was in the 1930s.

There are many full page ads to interrupt the story - I prefer the format of the old comics, that only had ads between stories. Time changes.

I am glad to see on the credit page that the original creators of SUPERMAN (Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster), BATMAN (Bob Kane) and WONDERWOMAN (William Marston) are given credit. For years, I know, Siegel and Shuster got the shaft while others made millions.

Will TRINITY #1 be a collector’s item? Time will tell I suppose. I guess it would stand a bigger chance of it being a collector’s item if one of the creators signed it. Which, this coming Saturday Mark Bagley will be at Dr. No’s Comics on Canton Highway signing these.

4 comments:

kenju said...

A banner day for you, huh, Eddie?

Eddie said...

Judy,
My mind is a banner.

Si's blog said...

Do you think we could get Superman to run for President? For that matter, how about Mark Bagley? That would be interesting. I would vote for him.

Eddie said...

Si,
Mark Bagley for President? Well, that may work, he can claim experience - after all, his wife Patty was president of the local Hunter Clan reunion, but I think a couple years ago she passed her baton on.