Thursday, June 05, 2008

Today’s date is D-Day


That is, today’s date is d-day my mother Ethel America “Janie” Petty was born in 1918. That was 90 years ago.

She was born in Gillette, Wyoming.

The family came back east, spent a couple of years in Virginia, and then they moved back to her parents old stomping grounds, Murray County, Georgia, where she mostly grew up. After her father died she moved to Marietta to work and that is where she met my father-to-be Ed Hunter.

They had three children, two daughters and a son. Janie died at age 77. in 1996.

She was one of a kind.

4 comments:

Deborah Wilson said...

Pretty..:)

I have a few Ethel's in my family too.

Eddie said...

Deborah,
When I hear the name Ethel I think of a certain Ray Stevens song that I don't remember the name.

Deborah Wilson said...

"The Streak"

And thar he was, over there by the termaters! I hollared, "Don't look Ethel!"

...:)

Eddie said...

Deborah,
"Don't look Ethel!"! That's it!
You have a good memory.