Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Brandi's World Famous Hotdogs - again


I had two doctors visits this morning and while in the downtown area I visited the City Cemetery to take a picture of an old friend’s grave that somehow I lost the picture of his marker. And also I took a few pictures of what used to be Clay Homes, high up on the hill, of what used to be Waterman Street School.

There are too many “What used to be” places around.

Then, combining my trip, to save gas – or maybe to create gas, while in the area I went to Brandi’s World Famous Hotdogs for a fix.

Her hotdogs and hamburgers come with a chili that can’t be beat. The chili has a secret hot spice in it plus little chopped up onions.

I drove into the parking lot at 11:00am, it was easy to get a parking place, the noon onslaught hasn’t arrived yet.

Inside I placed my order to go and grabbed a seat to watch the three ladies work synchronized to each other’s movements like a Swiss clock. Each knows all and sees all. They know what each person orders, before it is even written down.

Brandi is always relaxed and laid back. She doesn’t let huge crowds of people lined up outside the door pressure her at all, as far as I know. She takes it all, one thing at a time with a relaxed smile.

Today she was sitting at the corner talking to some older gent and you could tell she really enjoyed their conversation. She is a people person.

One of the others is the cook that stayed over from when it was Betty’s World Famous Hotdogs. I can see a resemblance in her and Betty, so I think she may be Betty’s daughter.

The other one is young but I have watched her start off there much younger waiting on tables. She seems to more and more to run things.

As I left a young man got out of a red sporty looking car and said, “Is it any good today?”

I said, “It is always good!”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie,
Your making me hungry for one of those and it is going to be a while before I'm comming up to Marietta or should I say Elizabeth.

Eddie said...

Johnny,
Me too!
But my stomach can only take so much.

Unknown said...

MMMMM
Dad, do you want to drive 6 hours for lunch today - I am sure Eddie would meet us there.

j3

Eddie said...

Drive 6 hours for a Brandi's hotdog - that reminds me of the old slogan that "I would walk a mile for a Camel!"