Sunday, June 29, 2008

Negative Scanning Gadget




I am slowly going through my thousands of negatives, scanning them and digitizing them and throwing away the negatives... the negatives are just taking up too many boxes. Now, I will boxes of CDs taking up too much space.

Doing this must be good for my brain, I have had several memory jolts of pictures I have long forgotten about.

Above is a picture of Kennesaw Mountain with a couple of churches in the foreground in downtown Marietta. During the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain, about 144 years and 15 days ago people in Marietta said the war "sounded like popcorn popping."

This is the Liberty Bell and its crack in front of Independence Hall on one 4th of July when we vacationed in Philadelphia. Some people will look at this and say "The Forever Stamp!"




This is our son Adam in Philadelphia on that same visit at a little park that if I remember correctly Benjamin Franklin is buried in, very near the Philadelphia Mint. Here Adam is playing his harmonica he brought along. If he had only brought along a hat to put on the ground in front of him and also maybe I could dance to attract a crowd.



This is our Rocky, probably his freshman year at UGA.

2 comments:

Si's blog said...

The computer does add a whole new dimension to pictures and archiving. Sounds like you are far ahead of us. Well done. We still have a couple of cruise boxes full of pictures that need processing.

Eddie said...

Si,
Thanks.
To be truthful, I don't know how much of a head start I'm getting... every so often a new subject or situation develops and I then I have to adjust, change my format and go back and change it all that I already recorded to make it conform with my new adjustments. The rate I's going, if somebody with a more organized mind start on theirs negatives about two months later, they finish first.