Monday, January 21, 2008

This Is my 1500th Post On This Blog*


You are reading my 1500th* posting on this blog. Whoopee!

This is cheating in a way, I am using a post to tell you how many posts are on here.

Who cares? Throw the confetti and toot your little plastic horns and let me toot my own horn and pop the Champaign cork!

My 1500th* post on this blog would have been several weeks ago if Laura Armstrong had not written the article about me. When I knew she was going to write about my blog in her next column I went through the entire blog combing it for anything I said about my neighbors and deleting them. Not that my neighbors read the papers, but they might know somebody that does…. And well, it was just a bigger chance my posts about them might get back to them – which, knowing them, could cause a confrontation. Does that mean I am conniving, two-face, and a coward? Pretty much so.

Posting 1500* posts you can tell I am a quantity over quality man. I would say maybe as many of 1475 of those posts are plenty of nothings but an irreverent mind wandering. So? Who said I had to inspire somebody to be born again or march off to war, or refuse to go to war, or rewrite the Constitution? I don’t want to change minds; I think this world needs all the different ideas it has to keep things going.

I bet some people wonder why I post as often as do. I wonder that too. The main reason is mind exercise; brain pushups. I need to give my brain a good workout to keep it aware and on top of things** … not that my ideas and opinions are that unique – opinions are much like anuses, everybody has one – but the exercise is trying to manipulate the English language – which I fall and tumble a lot, but I get up, brush myself off, and continue the workout.

Another thing you might have noticed: I try not to take myself too seriously (I have observed people become detached from reality when they take themselves too seriously). – The only time I take myself overly serious when I look into a mirror and work on my “charming look”.

*The 1500 posts are for Chicken Fat only. There are 24 posts on my first blog Chickenfat (one word).

** Just yesterday I merged from a day dream to find myself holding a cup of hot spicy sunflower seed for birds standing by the desk over my computer. I had no idea what I had planned to be my next step.

9 comments:

Si's blog said...

1500 entries! Wow. How man keyboards have you burned out?

Can appreciate it. Really enjoy blogging.

Eddie said...

Si,
If I remember correctly, one computer and one keyboard. It seems my son replaced everything a couple years ago.

Yeah, blogging is fun - maybe addictive.

cbish68 said...

Keep it up, Eddie!

You're like one of those old variety shows of the forties and fifties. One never knows what subject will come up next. It's always entertaining, though.

Here's to another 1500 posts...

Deborah Wilson said...

I agree that sometime people take themselves too serious when blogging - although that too can depend on the 'type of blog' that one is writing.

I prefer blogs are interesting and have character.

Chicken Fat has people that want to come back and read - so at least you know that you aren't a 'bore'. lol

Eddie said...

Chris,
Thank you!
By the way, did you see the "Medford Cousins" (or something like that) post? I mention the Hueys - not much detail though.

Deborah,
Thank you!
Yes, you are right, it is up to the content of the blog... if a cardiologist has a blog up for the latest heart care, I guess he will get his point across if he does take himself seriously.

Suzanne said...

Congrats! 1,500 pieces of priceless wit and insight. It's too bad that you had to delete the other posts, though. THose are some of my favorites.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Thanks!
I think what is wit & insight vs just plain foolery might be debatable.

janie said...

Wow! Congratulations on 1500 posts!

Have you printed it out? It would make a marvelous book, I bet! Make it a nice big coffee-table book, you could make a fortune.

I really enjoy reading your blog.

Eddie said...

Janie,
Thanks. I really enjoy writing it too. No, I do not have a printed copy of it, or a computerized copy either (other than what is on-line)... it might take the fun out of it if I did all that maintenance of keeping up with copies... but that may be a project someday.
Thanks for reading my gargling.