Saturday, January 05, 2008

Hmmmm


My History Channel page-a-day calendar tells me on this date in 1759 George Washington married wealthy widow Martha Custis (a relative on the Petty side, believe it not – sort of a distant in-law). Also on this date in 1945 another president-to-be George, George W. Bush married Barbara Pierce.

Barbara Pierce Bush is the direct descendent of Franklin Pierce, the 14th President of the United Sate, who some historians consider to be the worse president of the U.S., if not the worse.

Now, being a direct descendent of Franklin Pierce, I wonder if Barbara handed down any of the “Worse President” genes to her children? Hmmmm.?

5 comments:

janie said...

I hate to point this out, seeing as Ed seems to think he is an authority on such things, but Franklin Pierce was certainly not the worst president ever. Also, and more provable, George W. Bush did not marry Barbara Pierce. George H. W. Bush married Barbara Pierce, who gave birth to George W. Bush, one of our more wonderful presidents. IMHO, of course.

Eddie said...

Janie,
You are right, I made an error, it was George H.W. Bush who married Barbara Pierce. Sorry about that.

janie said...

It's o.k. I do it (make errors) all the time.

kenju said...

But Eddie, you were RIGHT about her passing down the traits! He will be the worst yet, when all is said and done.

Suzanne said...

Wow, that is a very convincing argument about genetically inherited incompetence. I am so glad that I learned this. Your blog is always so informative.