Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Finger Licking Good



Lately I have catching Willow toying with Kleenex napkins she had pulled out of trash cans in the house.

The first time I caught her I thought it was just a fascination with something soft and tears easily, like some dogs pull off toilet paper on the roll.

But she has always avoid toilet paper and new Kleenex. She pulls used Kleenex out of the trash cans and shreds those. Tch tch, dogs will be dogs.

Yesterday I felt the need to pick my nose. For several days now I have had a running nose, and at times the mucus will harden inside my nose, and well, I have to peel the dried mucus out of my nose.

Then Willow walked just inside of the room and looked around. Suddenly she did a double take of my right hand, the hand I used to work on my nose. She approached slowly, with eyes focused on my right hand. She got a whiff of my booger-finger a good ten feed away. What a smell sense!

When she got within licking distance I moved my right hand over behind my left side. Willow followed my hand, licking her chops. Finally, with much hand moving, she finally moved in quickly and started licking my fingers. I put an end to that little feast by going and washing my hands.

What did I learn yesterday? The dog loves human snot!

I’ll try to remember that the next time Willow licks my face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Louis Grizzard once said - "Damn brother! don't think I'd told that!"

Eddie said...

I wouldn't either!