Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Report


above - about 6pm last night.

What snow?

Willow and I just returned from a 30 minute walk and the light rain has just about dissolved what little snow we had.

Late last night it was pretty… a big white blanket covering the earth as far as you could see. It was the first time Willow has seen snow and she was first slightly leery of it then in no time she was jumping up and down in it.

Willow is like other Georgians – we are amazed at snow. It is so rare in these parts.

On our walk this morning I saw a little boy, about 7 or 8 years old looking out his family’s living room window – with his hopes for today being washed away.

4 comments:

dot said...

We had a sad thing happen here. You may have heard it on the news about the Haralson County family that ran into a lake yesterday evening. I keep thinking about the 13 year old. Must have been all excited about the snow. They were all killed.
Not a great comment to make on my first visit but your post reminded me of them.

Eddie said...

Dot,
I'm sorry my post here reminded you of such a sad event. What more, I am sorry it even happened.

Through the years I have heard of that happening in Cobb County now and then. It is always a tragic.

Anonymous said...

Willow, you should have come up here-- we had 4"! But the sun melted most of it yesterday. The yard is all muddy though so if you come, we could still roll around like pigs :-p

I hope you saw my reply to you the other day. I'm trying to find a possum...

Eddie said...

Daisy,
Hey bitch!
My master* told me this one was for me and left the computer chair. And I hopped right in it.
That sounds good, to wallow like pigs in some good old home-rotted carn.... man, my nose quivering just thinking about it.
I tell you I love snow - it is so white and so fluffy! You can jump up and down it and have a ball!
The only bad thing is that when you have to squat to pee, it makes "down there" tingle with coldness. However, taking a dump it is not nearly as bad, I am almost full height, I only hunker a little.
See you later!
Willow
* who does he think he is kidding. He thinks he is my master but let me ask you: Who opens the door for whom and who cleans up whose shit?