Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Nodding


Some people are making a big deal of Clinton nodding during the Martin Luther King Memorial Service. Well, it shouldn’t have happened, but it did.

In the above picture it looks like both Clintons are dozing.

It happens to very busy people on the go sometimes when they sat down in a relaxed mode. I remember on jury duty Judge Haney slept through the proceeding, but seemed to have a sixth sense when to wake up to make a ruling or something.





Other leaders have been caught snoozing here and there. That happens to people high up in the eyes the people – the cameras are always looking at them, and they are human and at times they are very busy and burning the candle at both ends.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I hadn't heard that. I kinda feel sorry for her.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
If I heard the news right,it was Bill observed nodding during the MLK services... the picture must have been another event, which caught them dead on their feet.

Deborah Wilson said...

Haha-

Bill Clinton is famous for nodding. But aren't we all when we are really tired? Back in the early days of tech, I use to work nights and then go straight to class at 8:00 - those chairs were just a bit too comfy.

Eddie said...

Deborah,

That is right - haven't we all nodded in class, in church, or at work? I know I have.

One time when I working at the PO from midnight to 8:30 in the morning and going to college in the evening I was lucky to get 4 hours sleep each day. One time in an algebra class I fell into a deep sleep and had a dream that I figured out that the square root of the year we were in then (1975 I think) was the answer for all living things and explained the divine creation, Jesus, life, and everything else - I jumped out of my seat, I was so excited over my discovery began explaining it to the instructor and the class - then I woke up and saw everybody looking at me with my mouth opened. Opps.