Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Morning Pulpit


On Thursday’s Day in History, January 17 (1961) in 1961 President Eisenhower gave his final speech to the American people. He asked them to abandon warfare and adopt more diplomatic means to resolve conflicts. He prayed that someday people of all faiths, all races, and all nations will come together in a peace guaranteed by the binding force of mutual respect and love.

The above is from the History Channel calendar.

I don’t know if it was the same speech or not, I suspect it was, that he said, “Be aware of the military-Industrial complex”.

8 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I think we may have a few like fews on politics.

Eddie said...

Sister,
I like your blog!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to the day when Osama joins Falwell in the great mysterious unknown.

Eddie said...

Steve,
That might be where that picture was taken. Who knows?

Anonymous said...

My guess is they will be in the same place one way or another.

Eddie said...

Steve,
I think you are right, like 2 peas in a pod.

Suzanne said...

Sigh. People never listen.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
And sometimes they hear but do not listen.