Saturday, January 26, 2008

At the movies to see JUNO and to use the facilities

We saw the movie JUNO yesterday. It is a great movie.

It is roughly about a 16 year old girl who got pregnant, decides to give it away for adoption and her relationship between her boyfriend, girl friend (buddy), family, and the yuppie couple that plan to adopt the baby when it is born.

The movie is very heart warming, thought provoking, funny, and emotional.

The girl who plays Juno is a very good actor the character is rich in thought and is a rebel at heart that gets a kick out of shocking people, although that is not said, just plainly implied. She is as cute as a button and frequently comes out with a string of cuss words which leaves you shocked that those fowl words came out of the mouth of that cute little innocent girl’s mouth.

Some of the dialog between Juno and her girl friend sounds like the longer than usual sentences written by Kelvin Smith in one of his movies…. Things that make you start thinking before she is even through talking, then she hits you with another confusing thought.

I did not hear or read anything to imply just where the movie is suppose to take place. I think someplace in Minnesota – nearby St. Cloud is mentioned.

We stayed for the credits at the end – I wanted to see if Kevin Smith had a hand in making the movie (no credit saying that)* and song was being sung that sounded pretty good was being sung, then completely unexpected was the statement “my shit don’t stink” – which is sort of like the movie, you hear a lot of things unexpected.

After the movie we went to the Johns. I went to the men’s and Anna went to the ladies. I was the only one in the men’s. When I first stood at my station I heard the toilet behind me flush – but I heard no moment. When I finished I turned around and a stall was opened. I stepped away, closer to the stall’s opened door and begin to walk away and it flushed again. Auto flush is waiting water – give that toilet a penalty fine!

I remember at the men’s restroom at The Varsity on North Avenue in Atlanta, if you walk down by the row of urinals they flush as you walk by…. it is sort of like they are snapping to attention as you walk by, which reminds me of a blip in the book “No Time For Sergeants”.

*that is strange - the only big name I gave credit for was Kevin Smith, who apparently, had nothing to do with it.

4 comments:

kenju said...

I've read several good reviews of that movie and I'd love to see it. No way would mr. kenju go, so I'll have to find a girlfriend to go with.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Find that girlfriend and go! I think you will walk out afterwards thinking how overwhelming good it was.

Suzanne said...

I loved that movie, too.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
It was heart warming in a hip kind of way.