Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fine Feather Freaks (of Nature)


On our (Willow & me) walk this morning I heard the familiar honking of Canadian Geese over us.

I looked up and saw 3 flying Canadian Geese in an odd formation. They were flying north. Hmmm. That is strange, it is the last days of January, which doesn’t seem the time fowl would be traveling north or south. It seems they should already be south, lying around sipping blended worm-shakes, or a bug burger or something, soaking up sun rays for their vitamin D needs.

Then, right behind the 3 geese were more Canadian Geese honking. They were in an odd formation too. There was vacant place on the right, just behind the leader, and two vacant places on the back row, and I looked again at the first three, not out of sight yet, and they were the missing parts of the formation. If you could take those three, in their exact positions and keeping their positions, place them in the other geese’s formation they would fit right in the empty spots!

What’s going on? A riff was going on, that only they can explain.

4 comments:

kenju said...

They must have been fighting over who's the leader!

Eddie said...

Judy,
Could be... one may have said "Quack! I'm going to lead this honking time! "

And the other one said, "Up your Honk! I'm leading!"

Suzanne said...

Global warming.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Yep - even Bush said Global Warming is here... so, if he said it, you know it is true (me rolling my eyes).