Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Who Has the Bigger Balls?

Toby Keith is a country singer who praises Bush.

Toby has been praised by Country & Western Radio Station dj's for having the courage to speak out, for speaking his mind.

How much courage does it take to speak out to an audience that mostly agrees with you say?

The Dixie Chicks, on the other hand, spoke to about the same type of audience criticizing Bush and his bungling of his attack on Iraq for having weapons of mass destruction. I heard no country and western dj praise them for their courage.

Wouldn't it have taken more courage to say what they said than Toby Keith saying what he said?

7 comments:

kenju said...

Yes!

Carolyn said...

Yes! The Dixie Chicks called it as they saw it and were right. Toby Keith is a moron. Those Ford truck commercials he does to support his Republican fat butt-- The money he gets for those commercials-- Ford could have used that money to keep some employees on the job. And that's my opinion on the matter! LOL! :D

Eddie said...

I didn't think of the Ford aspect but you are right.
Which reminds me: Did you know Michael Jordan made more annually on endorsing Nike shoes than the entire labor force for Nike earned?

gerbil said...

The phrase thats always summed it up for me is, Speak truth to Power. A biblical quote I first heard used by the President many in the world wish you had (Bartlet, West Wing).

Eddie said...

Gerbil,
I thought you would be on your honeymoond now.
We are big President Barlet fans here.

gerbil said...

Good grief no. This is just the start. It took us 7 months to agree on a venue and a date. The wedding its self is not until May 2007.

Until told otherwise i will be blog every step of the way.

Your site is an interesting mix by the way.

Eddie said...

Gerbil,
I enjoy your site. Two or three times I thought I left you comments, after I worked my way through the letters jizxdmatize, but I they never appeared.
Thanks - mine is mixed - the results of a scattered mind.