Thursday, March 09, 2006

What Story?

You ever get a bouncy tune in your head? I have one now: "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?"

I caught it while visiting the Ginger Quill, link on the right.

"Who's Afraid of The Big Bad Wolf, the Big Bad Wolf, tra la, la la." That may not have came out right, I am a lousy singer.

Speaking of music, I just finished my morning ritual on the treadmill. While channel surfing, looking for something good to watch while walking and panting I came across on one of the HBO or STARZ channels "Blue Brothers 2000" and watched.

I have watched that movie many times and was even given the DVD for Christmas one year and will keep on watching it. It has such a great beat all the way through it. I'm not even 100% sure I have the story completely right, but who cares?

In general, Blues Brother Ellwood is released from prison and goes out to gather up his old music makers together, where they and other musicians converge on New Orleans for a big musical contest.... many music makers also converge, such as B.B. King, Eric Clapton, Travis Tritt (a fellow native Mariettan), and many more - and for some reason the State Patrol are chasing them, which generally comes off like the Keystone Cops making a snafu of things.

But it's the beat that keeps you hopping, not the story. The music in it is fantastic!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

LOL! I'm not sure what reminded you of that song, but now I have it in my head too :D