Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Photographs and Accompanying Data



Yesterday Judy of "Just Ask Judy" (link on the right) told of the importance of putting vital information on photographs. Years later, it will be much needed and appreciated.
The above is a picture taken about 1903 of my great grandfather & grandmother and their children, spouses, and grandchildren.
At the time I received the picture we could only guess who some of the people were. A distant cousin's wife, Dorothy Edmondson Hunter, who I share genealogical information with, spent a good a deal of time, figuring out the identity of each person. I thought it was neat and eye-catching how she did it, also above.
I won't know until this is published just how well you can see the names, but I know it is good when you have each, the picture and the identifications on a large format in front of you.

2 comments:

kenju said...

Now, that's what I'm talking about! I need to do that as well; and it would help if I knew who the people were...LOL
Thanks for the link, Eddie.

Eddie said...

I'm glad you liked it.