Sunday, September 04, 2016

You Learn Something New Every Day



Yesterday I went into Wendy's just for a quick bathroom break.  As I walked near the order counter a customer was complaining to the man talking his order. 
"I do not like what you said.  It am very offended. I am going to call and complain."
The Wendy's man said, "I am very sorry sir... I did not mean to offend y..."
The customer said, "But you did.  I will call."
Both men are African-Americans.
I went into the men's restroom.
____________________________________________

In the men's restroom I stood facing he wall at a urinal when I heard the door open behind me.

I heard steps across the room, a stall door opened  and closed and that was that.  I was sharing the room with another man but I did not know at the room that he wasn't all I was the room  sharing it with.
Afterwards, I zipped up and turned around.  A little girl about five years old was standing there watching me.  I assume the man was in Wendy's with  just his daughter when the sudden demanding urge hit him.  He did not want to leave his daughter sitting alone so he carried her with him.  I probably would have done the same thing.


I washed my hands and as I was leaving I saw the little girl standing close to the urinal mounted on the wall studying it.  She probably didn't know that kind of equipment existed.

No comments: