Friday, September 02, 2016




Betty Smith Hunter at a Marietta Museum of History 's REMEMBER WHEN presentation.  Betty is a long lost cousin-in-law.  She married Randall Hunter - then she too, became a Hunter, whether that is good or bad is up for debate.
Betty was a councilperson and was responsible for many good things for Marietta, such as park  in parks and the Confederate Cemetery.
I did not realize until I talked to her several times that when she was a kid living with her parents I delivered their paper on Lakewood Drive.
Small world!  To make it even smaller, my grandmother and aunt lived across the street from them.

Betty and I have both done a lot of family history research.  
Randall and I both are descendants of William Hunter (c1750-aft 1840) and Anna Caldwell (1762-1863) - yes, Anna lived to be 101 years old.  On the 1860 census she was blind and living with a son.
Betty's husband Randall Earnest Hunter and I are 5th cousins, once removed.  To give you an idea how distant cousins we are it is believed by the professionals that all the commoners that have been in England for generations are at least 4th cousins to each other.  

No comments: