Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Herman, a Success Story





Herman Stone, 2010, MHS 1960 Class Reunion.
   In the late 1970s late in the evening, after dark, probably about 10:00pm I heard some clanking out in the street in front of our house.  I looked out the window and a garbage truck was there with a man working on it.
I walked up to the street to see if I could be of any help and I recognized the man as an old high school classmate: Herman Stone.  I asked him what I could do to help him and he said "Nothing."  He went on to say the garbage truck he was driving broke down but he called his company and help was on the way.

I remember him in school very serious, no horsing around, and never cracking a smile.  He stayed that way.

Herman ended up owning that garbage disposal company and became a millionaire.

At the reunion he told me he was living in Dalton.

No comments: