Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Adventure of Eavesdropping at the Credit Union




Yesterday I went to our Credit Union to get into our safe deposit box.  As I was at a teller's window signing for the box an elderly lady came storming in and told the teller at the next window that she was tired of being lied to.  I only heard part of it, I have no idea what she was talking about..
Then the elderly handed over to the teller a sum of cash and said she wanted to pay off something, take the cash, and use some money in her account to pay off the balance.

The teller apparently looked up her balance on the computer and told her she did not have enough money to pay off the account.

The elderly lady said she most certainly did, pay it off!  Now!

The teller told her she withdrew $500 just a few days ago, now her account balance was almost zero.

She said she did not withdraw any money.   She said will be back with her son.  And stormed out.

The teller that I was dealing with took me to the safety deposit box room, with the credit union's key and my key we got my strong box out of the wall.

I retrieved what I wanted and went back to the teller row of windows to signal my teller I was finished, we can put the box back into the window. 

The teller came back and we both put the box back into the safe.

I spent no more than 5 or 6 minutes.


On the way out the door the elderly lady that was having words with the teller was coming back in.

No comments: