Thursday, April 24, 2014

Time Flies, Reality Blog Continues -





Two medical related instances today.  At the doctor's offices, after making an appointment for next week for a procedure I walked back out into the waiting room to ride the elevator down.  Just as I entered the waiting room I saw one of the elevators closing.  My lucky timing!  I leaped and put my arm out to stop the door from closing.  The door did not do as I expected, it hit me with force and knocked me down but into the elevator.  Now, I have a big bruise on the back of my hand where I tried to block the elevator door.  Embarrassing.  I bet over 50% of the people there were looking at the elevator door when it slapped me down.    I know if I were sitting in the waiting room the noise of elevators doors would  get my attention.  If it was me watching, years ago,  I would have probably burst out laughing then.  Maybe this was a Karma pay-back thing.

Later I was at a pharmacy getting my prescription filled.  The lady hardly looked at me until she asked me for my birth date.  When I told her,  maybe she quickly calculated I am within arm's reach of being 73 years old - she looked up me for the first time.

I said, "Time flies!"

At the doctor's offices, after making an appointment for next week for a procedure I walked back out into the waiting room to ride the elevator down.  Just as I entered the waiting room I saw one of the elevators closing.  My lucky timing!  I leaped and put my arm out to stop the door from closing.  The door did not do as I expected, it hit me with force and knocked me down but into the elevator.  Now, I have a big bruise on the back of my hand where I tried to block the elevator door.  Embarrassing.  I bet over 50% of the people there were looking at the elevator door when it slapped me down.    I know if I were sitting in the waiting room the noise of elevators doors would  get my attention.  If it was me watching, years ago,  I would have probably burst out laughing then.  Maybe this was a Karma pay-back thing.

Later I was at a pharmacy getting my prescription filled.  The lady hardly looked at me until she asked me for my birth date.  When I told her,  maybe she quickly calculated I am within arm's reach of being 73 years old - she looked up me for the first time.

I said, "Time flies!"

when the elevator gave me a whipping I didn't realize at the time but I bumped my bare knee (I had on shorts) and skinned it.  Now, Willow, insists on nursing me back to health and  is trying to lick my wounded knee.

No comments: