Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Me and My Buddy Shalem




I may have made a similar post months ago. I know I meant to, but I don’t think I got around actually doing it. If I did and you remember it, stop me.

Several years ago when we signed up with our present garbage service they brought a big can on wheels to use to carry to garbage to the curb. The only problem was the rubber tire was off one of the wheels.

I called the garbage company and told one of the wheels would not work so would they please swap my garbage cans on wheels with one that works. When I called I talked to a guy with a Far Eastern accent. A day or two later they delivered a good garbage can with good wheels. The next day I received and email from a Shalem Y saying our new garbage can should have been delivered by now and if there was anything else he could do for us, please do not hesitate to notify him.

I sent an email immediately back saying they didn’t pick up the old garbage can. He sent one back saying he would have it picked up. That was at least four or five years ago. We still have both cans, the one with good wheels and the one with the bad wheel.

AND!! When he emailed me his address immediately was automatically entered into my email address book.

Shalem Y is listed directly below my Postal friend who goes by the name of Shenandoah on line.

Shenandoah likes pictures of naked women and right wing jokes and anti Clinton jokes. So, usually when someone forwards me the type of forwarding-literature I just described I always forward them to Shenandoah – I know he would appreciate it more than I would.

HOWEVER. I am human and make mistakes. Sometimes I miss-aimed with my curser and forward Far Eastern Shalem Y the joke intended for Shenandoah.

Today, I meant to forward send Shenandoah something questionable and it had a series of pictures in it – so, it came back undeliverable because it was too large of a file and it showed that I again I made the mistake and sent it wrongly. A good thing this time, it came back.

I can imagine what he thinks when he sees that an email is from me ”Damn! Him again!”

2 comments:

Sister Mary Martha said...

He must believe the emails are his Karma.

Eddie said...

Sister Mary Martha,
You are right.
I am thrilled that you went to my blog. I read you every day.