Thursday, June 14, 2007

Days Without Shirts


Every time I happen to turn on the TV and the Soap Opera Days Of Our Lives is running there is always a man standing there talking with no shirt on.

The man might have a towel around his bottom part because his aunt’s half sister happened to drop by to borrow something. Another man may be out chopping wood, shirtless, or a man might be tearing down a brick wall in New Orleans for a Habitat project, and of course, shirtless.

I think a producer of days was looking over the bills and saw that what the wardrobe department spent on men’s shirts was outrageous. So, now the policy, is whenever possible have the men parade around without a shirt.

It would not surprise me if at the Salem Hospital Doctor Horton is operating shirtless. Or maybe Victor going over his high sophisticated finances is behind his big mahogany desk shirtless. Or maybe police brothers Roman and Bo Brady fight off a team of thugs and everybody is shirtless – a version of River Dance.

What about Mickey Horton, a fine lawyer, presents his case to the jury with no shirt on? And you look up at the judge and not only does he not have a robe on but also n.s. Maybe they are involved in a very complicated law SUIT.

4 comments:

kenju said...

Mickey Horton? I thought he died many years ago! Have they reincarnated him? LOL

Are you watching reruns, Eddie? I used to watch that show back in the 60's and 70's.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Mickey Horton died? I thought he was married to Maggie the AA member and Bonnie simultaneously - as recent as within the year.

Michael Bains said...

I used to watch that one w/ my Nana back in the late 70s! I find it kinda hard to believe that Bo would still look good sans shirt.

From what I recall, dude liked to put away the brews...

{-;

Eddie said...

Michael,
Bo was brought up in an Irish family.