Thursday, June 21, 2007

BEEP!!! I Love You!

I called my first cousin yesterday to tell him of our uncle's death.

His wife died a couple of months ago and he is having a hard time coping with it. They had been married about 25 years. We talked about several things.

One of the things he told me that I felt was touching is that his son wants him to change the answering machine's message. Now, his late wife's voice tells you they are not home and please leave a message after the beep. He said, he enjoys calling his own number often, just to hear her voice.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

That is very sweet.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Isn't it?

Michael Bains said...

Makes sense to me. Poor guy. I'd probably do the same thing.

Eddie said...

Michael,
Me too.

Anonymous said...

There has got to be a better way to keep her voice so he can "visit" with her. I'm not a techno, but anyone have a suggestion?