Monday, May 29, 2006

Whew!

Yesterday, we painted all day and ended up getting more paint on ourselves than what was it was intended to go on the project

Really. Every place I looked on the three windows and the door on our deck there were places I missed. Today I will go over it again. And what I missed on the frames I didn't miss on my body. I had specks of white paint all over me.

Once, unknowingly, I dipped by watch in the paint. If the time frame was right the 3 Stooges could come and take notes on how to make a farce out of something like paintings.

Anna did better on the front door. But she was painting a darker color onto a lighter color primer, so it was easy for her to see what she missed.

She had to go back to Home Depot twice because we under-bought waht we needed. And it had to be her to go, only she could flash her military I.D. card, like a F.B.I. agent to get that 10% Memorial Day discount - my DD 214 is locked away in a safety deposit box.

Afterwards I cooked chicken thighs on the grill. This time out of pure laziness I did not cut off the skin - and all that melted fat dripping off the skin caused the flames to jump high licking at the meat. It gave the meat a tasty flavor that we have forgot about: charcoal fried fat.

Which now they say, is a cancer causer. Well, I could have skipped eating and smoked a pack of cigarettes.

Then we watched a movie I taped a week or so ago and haven't got around to it yet, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." Which was pretty good. I cried off an on all the way through it. It is good that Anna fell asleep -my image was protected.

I'm a sucker for chick flicks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats memorial day without the grill?

Eddie said...

That's right!

Neoma said...

I had a great dinner, but sure would have traded ham for BBQ anyday......

Eddie said...

You should have seen my greasy face with bbq sauce oozing out of the corners of my mouth.