Wednesday, May 24, 2006

No Secret To The Grave Now


The man in the picture is my Uncle Bus again. The picture is deceiving if you think Bus is a lady's man.

Not saying he wasn't a lady's man, but this picture does not offer that kind of proof.

His sister Bee is the one looking at him.

The other three girls are first cousins.

One of the three girls, Lois Hunter, which I am still trying to pick out, lived to be 102 years old.

When Lois was about 85 years old she called me up screaming and chewed me out. She said I was telling family secrets that she had planned on taking to the grave with her.

In my genealogy research I found out my great grandfather, which was Lois's grandfather, was born a bastard and killed killed a man and was wanted for murder and changed his name while on the run.

Many years later, William's son William Jason died as a young man, leaving a wife and two young toddler daughters. William and Emeline took them in. One of the daughters were Lois. Her grandfather was the only father Lois knew.

She had vowed to herself to protect his good name and reputation.

I, on the other hand, made no such vows, and was excited about all the information I found and made a printout and mailed to the relatives that I thought would be interested, which included Lois.

I messed that plan up, didn't I?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a ggguncle who did some things that were so bad I wouldn’t post them in the comments section, let alone my own blog. I will try to e-mail them to you, though. They are rather…amusing.

Eddie said...

The 'ole skeleton-in-the-closet. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Neoma said...

haha, you are a CAD. Just kidding, I am enjoying your blog, keep em coming.

Eddie said...

Nea,
Thanks for dropping by.

Neoma said...

If it is okay with you, I am going to link your blog to mine for quick reference so I can find my way back.

Eddie said...

Nea,
Sure!

kenju said...

Haha! Don't we all have skeletons in the closet? My family sure did, and my mom hated for anyone to know about them, so she didn't tell me, but after she died, my cousin told me a story about my grandfather that curled my hair!

Eddie said...

I think the skeleto in the closet help make up while each family is so interesting.

Suzanne said...

Every family definitely has its unique history, I agree. I think it is quite funny that Lois was so distraught and thought that she could really keep the family story secret. Eventually, these things always come out.

Eddie said...

Susanne,
Yep, every family has them. I think people should look on it as putting a little spice in what otherwise, might be a dull history.
At least something like this will keep the reader's attention.