Saturday, May 27, 2006

Concert in the Park

We went to a concert in the park in downtown Marietta yesterday evening.

The band, The Jesters, played two hours of dancing music, mostly of the oldies top 40, which most of the audience related to.

After we put our seats down a group of four came and sit by us. The man of the group was aggressive, loud, obnoxious, imposing, and self centered.

Wait that was me, I was looking in a mirror!

Wait, seriously folks! This guy was terrible. We sit along the edge of a narrow walk in the park. The ass-hole put his cooler in front of him and propped his big ugly bare feet on his cooler, making less room for people to walk and get by. Up to him the foot traffic flowed fairly easy, then he created a bottle neck effect. Inconsiderate bastard. I think he wanted the negative attention, after all, any attention is better than no attention at all.

He would make wise-ass comments to many of the people that walked by, which I thought was rude.

He pulled out a stinky pipe and smoked it. I think the felt that made him look wise. He doesn't know how close he came to having to digesting that pipe.

Another man, who apparently was alone, he had on dirty clothes, just looked unkempt, and was staggering drunk - he leaned over the fountain pool and fell in. I think he was probably homeless and resented all well-to-do yuppies around him - after all, two was probably sitting on a bench that is his bed.

When he fell into the water, he jumped out and dripping with water pranced down the walk with one arm bent with elbow pointing out, he in an effeminate way, would say to each group, "How ya'll doin'? - in a sarcastic musically voice. I think he was poking fun of either the yuppies he knew he was surrounded by or the gays he thought he was surrounded by. Afterall, people have to have their own personal jokes to keep their sanity - as he well demonstrated.

I enjoy watching the people walk by.

And even more so, if they have a dog on a leash. But, I feel for the dogs there - that loud music must surely make them miserable.

And of course, all those female bare legs is nice. And this year the cleavage line is daringly lower, which is an added bonus.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a loathing of such gatherings. I am afraid I am becoming one of these guts god and glory mountain weirdo hermits. I do hate crowds so. My wife revels in them. I need to be like you and learn to laugh at the ass-holes. As for the dogs, I think the only thing they really like is that last note on the Sgt peppers album from “Day in the Life.” See you in a few weeks.

Eddie said...

Steve,
You and I normally live in two different worlds. I go most days from 5:30 am to 6pm without speaking to a person face to face.
You, on the other hand, on your work day are surrounded by people, humans.
So, when I sit down observe a crowd it is something of an unique expereince for me.
But even then, I am not part of the crowd, I am on the outside looking in.

Carolyn said...

I declare Eddie, I think you can manage a good time even in the worse situations, lol!

I'd have died from that pipe smoke. It's awful that people act that way but unfortunately there's always 1 or 3 in every crowd. There are certain ones around here that you can always count on to show their a** and they never let ya down.

Eddie said...

Carolyn,
You are right, you can depend on the rectums of the world to live up to their reputation.

Neoma said...

haha, does a man ever get to old to enjoy good cleavage and legs............

I have been to many open air concerts, I remember the time this young girl was running barefoot and stepped in the dog do do. She didn't even notice.....but we did, the smell got a fresher smell......

And I think there is always a drunk, a loud mouth, and a group of young kids trying to get anyone attention.....I don't drink, I just go for the music, if the music is really good I don't notice, if it isn't, I watch the show going on in the crowd. It makes for good writing material, as you have well demostrated.......

Eddie said...

Nea,
I don't drink any more, or very rarely. I bought a 12 pack of beer two years ago to put in the frig in the basement to have a cold one after working in the yard from time to time, I tought that would be a nice treat. But after I drunk a few, I thought if I keep this up, I'll have to replenish my supply. That was two years ago this summer, and I still have five cans left. I am cheap.
However, I do have a drink or two at parties, and feel for patriotic reason, having one one July the 4th is a must.
By the way, next month, will be a group that plays blues and rock by the name of The Naturals.