Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Another Skeleton In the Closet - really.

From a reliable source this morning I was told the below, my instant reply was:
"Oh my God!"

The man of this household has been mentioned in my blog entries several times. But I prefer to keep his identity confidential, after all it is his family secret and has a right to keep it that way.

Before he worked in Marietta he worked in another state, far away, several days of car travel away.

While they lived in the far away state, his ten year old son, while riding his bike, was ran over and killed. The son was buried in a cemetery. The married couple also has two daughters. The son would be over thirty years old now. I already knew this.

This is the news: When he got a job in this area and they had to move they could not bare the thought of leaving their dead son in a strange cemetery with no one to visit him. They had the son disinterred.

The son's body is with them at their home. I think he is in a closet or maybe even a freezer, I haven't heard that detail. He is brought out for birthday parties.

Once, I remember, somebody asked him did he have a hard time getting over his son's death. He said, "I never had got over it." That response now has a whole different slant.

17 comments:

gerbil said...

Oh my god just doesn't cover this....

Eddie said...

gerbil,
You are right. Oh my God!! is putting it mildly.
I wonder if any laws are being broken?

gerbil said...

I know that in this country it would be illegal, and time to call the guys in white coats me thinks

Unknown said...

Ed,
My best friend died when I was about 14. He was buried in a local cemetary. When his parents moved just one state away, they dug him up and took him along, too. Now, at least they re-buried him...i think...god, i hope.

Anonymous said...

Jeez dude, are you making this stuff up?

Good night Irene....

Eddie said...

No, I am not making it up. It was presented to me as the truth.
One friend emailed me and suggested that it was probably an urn carrying the boy's ashes.
I hope that is the case, but that is not the way it was presented.

kenju said...

That's creepy, unless he was cremated.

Anonymous said...

No doubt there is some insanity there.

gerbil said...

Does it count as freaky that i have the cremated ashes of a dead horse in a box behind my sofa?

gerbil said...

I've just realised, the fact that i even had to ask the question suggests i need to seek professional help:(

Eddie said...

Gerbil,
You might need help only if the horse wasn't cremated.

Suzanne said...

It's creepy, but also very sad.

Eddie said...

If I felt at liberty to tell you more about this family the more this wouldn't surprise you.

Anonymous said...

Have you taken the right vitamin lately? Is your body answering that question right now? Shocking truth about why this whole food vitamin has set a new standard! This can improve your quality of life.

Anonymous said...

pizza guys

Anonymous said...

georgia state university

Anonymous said...

new home in new jersey