Sunday, May 21, 2006

Closing Out The Weekend

We had a productive weekend, if you count Friday. I put my mother-in-law a new water filter in her frig and she and Anna researched and bargained and bought a new gas clothes dryer while I eyed the salesperson and decided it was a girl in men's clothing.

Also Friday we bought some flowers to plant, and sod to lay.

Saturday Anna planted the colorful flowers, petunias, I think, and dusty miller, and two or three others things in our huge pot/barrel looking thing. And I laid the sod. I carefully planned that I thought I would need six sections. I was thinking I would have almost a half section left over, but for a while I was thinking I might have to go back and buy another section, but I ended up with a small 3"x5" piece left over. Not bad for me.

Our son flew to Boston this morning to be on a one day cruise with a brand new ship that never has made a voyage yet. He will have a cabin on it overnight, that and food, and all will be free. It is work for him. He and his team will have to take some shots and later add stuff like music and probably some more stuff to make a commercial. They went aboard today at noon. They will return tomorrow morning.

Then he will tour Boston. He is always reading a biography of a founding father, so he wants to spend a day in Boston taking a good historical tour.

Then, there is some kind of playoff tomorrow night with the Redsox. He wants to go to the field and pay an outlandish illegal scapel price for a ticket.

He will still be in Boston when my youngest son Adam turns 27 Tuesday. With the exception of the oldest, we will all meet at a restaurant and celebrate, with dinner, and a smuggled in giant Happy Birthday cookie.

This morning while watering the flowers and the sod with my water hose I was pulling the hose by the nozzle up to where th sod is and WHAM! I was going backwards, trying to guide the hose when my right foot stepped over the the cover of the hole our water meter is in. The cover was broken from some bright constructions workers who were building a new subdivision last summer down the street broke it trying to cut off all our water on the street for a short time. The fall today scraped my ankle, which caused blood to ooze through my sock. And it looks like it is probably bruised. But I'll live.

And life goes on.

Labels: ,


Blogger kenju said...

Well, you should take care of that; ice it and put your foot up for a few days.....milk it for all it is worth!

2:42 PM  
Blogger ET said...

But I just got through milking it from taking a fall down a bank while running the week before.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Ah, you have a bloody sock just like BoSox pitcher Curt Schilling did in the World Series a few years ago.

I hope your son had fun in Boston.

11:56 PM  
Blogger ET said...

He had a great time.
A female client who lives in Boston took off from her office a couple of days and gave his a historical tour, which he has always been interested in.... and they did a lot of bar hopping in the evenings, plus some playoff game of the Redsox.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script