Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wednesday Is Rising

Today I hope to water pressure our carport, deck, and the non-brick parts of the house.

I dread doing this because I like doing things like this alone. I have one neighbor, in his mid-80s who thinks he is some kind of handy man and will be on hand to give me advice and some times gets all bristled up if I don’t follow his advice.

And I am in for it if the water pressure machine doesn’t start immediately. He will want to take it apart to find the problem. It has got to the point that I start my lawnmowers, the blower, and the weed eater, on the side of the house opposite his house…. One hint of engine trouble and he comes running – and usually does more to damage the engine than the other way around.

Yesterday I went to a local bike shop and test rode a Trek 7100 bike. I really enjoyed it. It is kind of costly but will probably end up purchasing it. It seems to make biking so much smoother. Trek is the same kind of bike the Marietta Police use in the downtown area. Who knows when I might need to have something equal or better to out run them.

Then, after I test rode a bike I picked up my son’s dog at the kennel and carried her to her master’s house. The mutt, Belle, is usually very rebellious, but this time she was very gentle, sat in the front seat with me and allowed me to pet her, which usually she doesn’t. One time, when I stopped petting to use both hands on the steering wheel to go around a curve, and when I put my hand back down, she rooted it like to ask for more petting.

Maybe at the kennel some other dogs taught her a human fact of life, you get what you want with more with honey than with vinegar.

Then in the evening we all converged on Ippotilo’s Italian Restaurant to celebrate my other son’s birthday. I ordered sausage and peppers. It was nice and spicy, just like I like – but too much. In fact, everybody had too much, all six of us asked for take home containers.

Before I wash the house today I need to go to Krogers Grocery store and get my 5% senior discount. Today they have Cokes on sale.

I never thought about sales in my youth.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

LOL! I wonder if we'll run into the same thing where we're moving. We will do our own lawn and tree/shrub trimming instead of paying a gardner like the former owners do. I'm sure the bushes won't be as rounded and perfectly shaped after we get hold of them. And to top it off, I just found out the lady next door is head of the town beautification committee, lol!

kenju said...

I've always been a bargain hunter and sales draw me like flies to honey!

Eddie said...

Carolyn,
I wish our whole yard would be a natural area.

Judy,
And also coupons!

Neoma said...

Haha, laughing at your neighbor. Sounds so familiar somehow...... ;)

Eddie said...

Neighbors, you can't live with'em,
you can't live without 'em.
- Jack in The Shining.