Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

Yesterday after doctor visits we went to see Da Vinci Code. It was good as we thought it would be. Ron Howard did a very good job.

However, it has been a couple of years since I read the book so I may not be speaking as an expert here, but it appeared to me that some of the sequence was jumbled, and at least two main characters made into one... and to make things simpler, I think a couple of things in the book was omitted, so it wouldn't complicate things.

Taken at face value - without referring, in your mind, back to the book you read years ago, I think it is a great movie.

7 comments:

Laclos said...

Am going crazy with all the hype. Obviously its all a conspiracy. ;-)

Eddie said...

Ialos,
I see you have two interesting blog sites.
Hey, I'm going crazy too. I'll blame it on a consipiracy also.

kenju said...

Eddie, the DA in da Vinci refers to the fact that the artist Da Vinci was from Vinci. So, da means "of" or from.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Ummm hmmm.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I went back and by sugery removed the paragraph about Da and The. I didn't want to look like a complete idiot. The language I studied in high school was red-necklish.
Now, what were you saying?

Unknown said...

as usual, i find myself preferring the book to the movie.

Eddie said...

I think in this case I preferred the book better than the movie, if for no other reason, just the past pace of it all, watching the movie you had to hurry alone with the action, but in the book, you can stop reading for a few days right in the middle of an energy packed scene if you chose.