Tuesday, May 31, 2016






Jeannette Phillips Petty (1925-2004).  Jeannette was the widow of my mother's brother Leonard Francis Petty (1925 - 2001).  Jeannette was born in Detroit, she met Leonard when he was in the Navy.
They lived in Chattanooga, Marietta, Smyrna, and the last part of their lives in Powder Springs, Gal
They had four children, three daughters and a son.
I remember when they first moved to Marietta they lived in the Marietta Place.  Daddy used to like to call her and play jokes on her.  I remember one time he called and told her he was with Southern Bell Telephone Company, and he was about to clean her telephone lines, would she please put a sack over the ear part and let him know when she did and he would turn on the blower.
In a few minutes she going to pick the phone receiver back up and tell the Southern Bell employee the sack was on,  only to hear daddy bursting a gut laughing. 
When I heard she had a stroke and not well I visited her in the nursing home.  I found her sitting alone in a wheelchair.  She could not speak, probably because of the stroke, but seemed glad to see me.    I took this picture.

Not long after that she died.

No comments: