Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Will Elder, Founder of Chicken-Fat


People often ask me why did I name my blog “chicken-fat”.

Before I answer I size up the person asking. Most of the time it is the person that asked looks like they would prefer a quick one sentence answer, after all, they have things to do.

And my answer is: “Why Not?”

But if the person looks sincere and looks like they have they time and would really like to hear, I tell them quickly before they doze off.

I tell them it is my way of praising the late MAD comicbook original artist Will Elder. In Will’s mini-tiny detailed side jokes in a cartoon he used the thought of chicken fat a lot. Who ever thought that someone could make a part of a chicken funny?

Which brings up this video of Will Elder, which is a tribute to him, sort of:

Click here to check it out.

No comments: