Thursday, January 27, 2011

1959 OLYMPIAN, Ads pp 236 & 237




I spent a bunch of Saturday and Sundays working at Minute Car Wash, wiping them down as they came off the line with Pete walking around barking orders and squirting amonia on bug spots and the owner inside his glass office counting his money and flirting with the cashier. If I remember correctly we got paid $5 for Saturday (9 hors) and $3 Sundays (6 hours). No social security numbers were asked for - and we got a free lunch of a Coke and one Krystal like hambuger from Carters' Restaurant next door.

I remember I accidentally broke a hood ordanment while drying a car. The owner paid for another one. At the end of the day he didn't pay me and told me I would have to work two more weekends without pay to pay off my accident. That's what he thought, that was my last day.

1 comment:

G said...

What a jerk~~!

(car-wash-owner)