Friday, September 11, 2009

What Were You Doing 8 Years Ago?


What were you doing eight years ago today? Everybody remembers what they were doing that day, the same as they remember what they were doing when John F. Kennedy was shot, Martin Luther King shot, and other history making events. I was five months old when the invasion of Pearl Harbor occurred, so my memory is a little hazy on that one.

On September the 11th 2001, I was about to go out to the car when the phone rang. Anna, from work, said, “turn on the TV!”. She knew I don’t watch much TV unless it is Law & Order and a few choice sitcoms. I turned on the TV and Katie Couric, on THE TODAY SHOW, was retelling what she had told several times already to the world, that apparently a passenger plane from Boston flew into one of the towers of the New York Trade Center. And as she was talking here comes another plane and crashed into the other building. They didn’t know what to think of the first plane, but when the second plane crashed into it, it was plainly a group of people was up to no good and wanted to harm the American people. We were being attack!

“Why would anyone want to attack us?” I thought. Then I remembered a book I read many years ago THE UGLY AMERICAN by Eugene Burdick and William Ledever. They told of how brash and rude Americans are overseas and generally have an air about them that they are better than all the “foreigners” they are surrounded by. If all is true that was in the book – who, overseas, wouldn’t want to do us harm?

I hated that. Then I remember seeing a TV special of Nostrodomus (1503-1566) predicted that someone from an Arabic nation would send a bomb-like to New York City. He predicted that even before there was a New York City. He also predicted Hitler and other things that came true. He wrote backwards and upside down and in code… but the deciphering of it all, the dates and names are within the correct frames of what really happened.

I drove over to my sisters. They were on vacation and I was feeding their pets daily. As I drove I wondered if we were about to go into a full fledged war.

All these deep probing profound questions did not hinder me from wanting to try the Krystal’s new spicy chicken and biscuit that was being advertised. I pulled up to the drive-in window at the Krystal on Canton Highway and order a spicy chicken and biscuit. The lady inside, via her squawk box said they didn’t have spicy chicken.

Damn! What is next?

Should I go get Anna and our two sons and head for the hills?

I went to my sisters and while feeding the dog and cat I turned on TV and watched the horrors of the New York streets… powdery cement dust mushrooming down streets, figures jumping out of tall building. I just didn’t know what to make of it. Everybody of high positions seemed just as surprised as I did.

On the way home I thought more of Nostrodoumus’s predictions. And while doing a little mini-research on Google about Nostrodomus I see that he also predicted the end of the World in 2012.

And a couple other groups, scientific and religious are predicting the same and their reasoning are completely independently of each other.

Oh-oh!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOSTRADAMUS WAS WEIRDER THAN I AM.I STILL THINK THE EARTH IS FLAT.
I HAVE A FRONT PAGE FROM THE SAN FRANCISCO EXAMINER WITH THE PICTURE OF THE TOWER BURNING, AND THE CAPTION"BASTARDS". MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY.THANKS FOR THE EMAIL ABOUT PEOPLE OUR AGE BEING DRAFTED.MY SENTIMENTS WXACTLY.

PR

Eddie said...

Every generation think they are the generation that God gave to save the world.... just talk to a WWII age guy.

Anonymous said...

ESPECIALLY AT THE LEGION.
PR

Johnny said...

I think I read that is going to be December 21, 2012. That's the same month I plan on retiring.

Eddie said...

Johnny,

Retire early the month then go out and enjoy life - but use your charge card on everything.

kenju said...

I don't watch much morning TV, but on that day I was in my recliner with the newspaper when I saw the first footage on ABC. It was unbelieveable. I called mr. kenju to come and look and then we saw the 2nd plane hit. I was glued to the TV all day.

Anonymous said...

I was in my car. The other tower was hit right after I turned the radio on.

My husband's story is much more interesting. He had flown to Vegas the day before, and got stuck there until all flights resumed some days later.

Anonymous said...

G