Thursday, September 17, 2009

Book Report–THE HOUR I FIRST BELIEVED


Book Report – THE HOUR I FIRST BELIEVED by Wally Lamb

It is an excellent book that looks and examines many types of individuals which all are sort of effected by several tragedies, two man-made (the Columbine killings + the Middle East wars) and one natural (Katrina). And how each effected many people and keeps on effecting people with no end.

I read two other books by Wally Lamb: I KNOW THIS MUCH TO BE TRUE and SHE CAME UNDONE. Both, now all three, do a number on your brain. They give your mind a good workout… so many conflicts.

I just gave a book report last week. I don’t normally give a book report a week. I am a slow reader but usually have several books going at the same time. One smaller book for my waiting room times and one bigger closer to my chair. It just so happened that I finished both books, one big one and one small one within a week of one another. So?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

IVANELL DOES ENUF READING FOR ALL OF US. THE QUESTION IS: "WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME"?
PR

kenju said...

I read his first two, so I am sure to get to this one eventually.

Anonymous said...

ROCJ WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME? I CANNOT STAND IT. PLEASE CALL.WRITE.SEND A WIRE OR SOMETHING. WE ARE LOST.

PR

Eddie said...

I am back. We never went - it was too rainy. Naw, just joking.

We returned yesterday.

G said...

I should have asked kenju if she read "She's Come Undone" by Lamb.

Eddie said...

Geri,
Did you read it?

G said...

Yes, but only half way ... the main character was soooo pathetic, and then all of her crises were also pathetic. It really turned me off.

Eddie said...

Geri,

I hate to spill my guts on endings, but to make you feel more positive about the book she has a rebound.