Saturday, September 05, 2009

Arf!


The other day the podiatrist removed one of my big toenails.

After it was over the nurse gave me a printout of post-op instructions. One of the things listed was to soak my foot in warm water with Epson salt.
I notice when I do this my dog Willow comes up and wants to drink the water.

Two or three times I have ran her off when she tried drinking it. Today when she tried it I asked her why did she like that water.

She said, “Arf!”

I got out my animal translating machine I bought from Amazon and asked her again. It translated to more or less to say, “Man! If you haven’t tried Human Toe Soup you haven’t lived!”

9 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Does Willow know that Epsom Salts is cathartic? Maybe she's having a little trouble 'going' and thinks a good dose of Salts will take care of it?

Eddie said...

Jean,
I wouldn't doubt if she read that. Tonight, returning from the grocery store and unloading things, when I unloaded the dog food she started jumping and getting doing her "on the kitchen floor tap-dance". She must have read the label.

kenju said...

Nell Jean beat me to it - I was going to tell her it will make her have the runs!

Eddie said...

Judy,

I get it! Nails? Runs?

Si's blog said...

Know what to do when you have trouble with a pedal digit? Call the toe truck!

Remember in grade school, one kid down the block made stupid little 3rd grade jokes that no one else appreciated about "toe jam". Maybe you needed to serve Willow some bread and butter to go with it.

Postino said...

Other than making Willow happy, how does your operation make you feel? I can't imagine losing a toenail is very pleasant.

When does the doc say you'll be back to walking, running and biking?

Eddie said...

Si,
One of the good old boys at our meeting pulled a "call the toe truck" joke and I fell for it.

El,
I asked her (the doc) could I take a 30 minutes walk the next day. She said sure. But being the chicken of pain that I am I waited another day, and had no problem. This morning Willow and I walked 55 minutes!

Anonymous said...

R U F#%!&^$ GOOFY?

PR

Anonymous said...

R U F#%!&^$ GOOFY?

PR