Friday, December 09, 2005

Walking the Line, Singing the Song

We went to see the movie "Walk the Line" which is the story of Johnny Cash and June Carter, which I thought was an excellent movie. Some of the historical events they briefly mentioned I concur with, saying, "Yep, that did happen about then." I suppose my only complaint is that they skipped over several time periods leaving several things unexplained - but, that had to be done, otherwise the movie would take days to view.

In the movie I was reminded that Johnny Cash sung some of Dylan's songs and some of Kris Kristofferson's songs. Which reminded me that Kris and Johnny were fellow drunks and also Kris and Janis Joplin were substance abusers buddies and were lovers and Kris was married to Rita Coolidge one time. Bob Dylan and Joan Baez were close friends. And also Johnny and Willie Nelson were friends. So, what am I getting at? Well, nothing much, but if you put all these people in one room, Johnny Cash, June Carter, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Kris Kristofferson, Rita Coolege, Janis Joplin, Willie Nelson, and well, lets throw Mother Maybelle Carter into the room too (assuming some of these people are brought back to life). I think, I don't know, but I think everybody in the room will personally like everybody else in the room. Now, just to make it interesting lets put in a voting booth with a curtain. Lets tell each person to go into the booth and vote yes or no to the question "Do You Agree with everything President Bush is doing as President of the United States?"

After the tally is in, we will publish the results, but not tell how the people voted. Now, lets see if their friendly terms with other will withstand the political test.

I think it will.

No comments: