Saturday, December 10, 2005

This is not Profiling

This may look like I am profiling, but really it is not profiling.
Not long ago I met Anna for lunch near her work at a Chinese Restaurant. We were ones of the first ones there. While we were there it filled up with people, mostly of people who appeared to be Mexican. They were mostly, it seemed, manual workers, some had red dirt caked on their pants and t-shirts.
I thought that I have been to Chinese restaurants before that have had plenty of Mexicans in it, so that is not unusual. But, have I ever been to a Mexican restaurant with Chinese as customers? Not that I recall. Nor, do I recall ever seeing a Chinese man with dirt-caked clothes, from working with molding the earth kind of occupation.
I don't know what should be learned from that observance, if any.

No comments: