Saturday, August 06, 2011

OM Dickie Sullivan



This is OM Dickie Sullilvan. Did I tell you the time Dickie Sulllivan saved my life when I was 4 or 5 years old? Sure I did. Search up top o this blog for his late brother Eddie Sullivan and it will tell you all about Dickie pulling me out of Sweetwater Creek.

Dickie lived in the Clay Homes with his parents and siblings just as I did. Many years later, the authorities demolished the Clay Homes and had big dreams of having an office park in its place. The office park deal so far hasn’t worked out, but at least they probably accomplished what they really wanted to do, get rid of a low rental housing project, aka, poor people.

As they bulldozed away the Clay Homes Dickie would visit the site where he spent his formative years often. They were bulldozing away an important chunk of his life.

No comments: