Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Chat with Brandi


I have been eating spicy chili hotdogs at Brandi's World Famous Hotdogs for years. Before Brandi, it was Betty's World Famous Hotdogs, and years before that, around the 1950s and 60s, it was Marble Inn Barbecue.

After I die I might be a ghost sitting at the counter back in the corner that people talk about...swearing they saw a napkin move or heard a belch.

Brandi took over the business from Betty. Eacj day around noon it becomes standing room only and if it was me, I would be strung out. Brandi always appear laid back and not in a big frantic rush. She laughs as she does things and talks about her daughter.

I have made posts on this blog over the years about Betty and now Brandi. They are still there, run a search, or click on the Brandi's name in the bottom right blank.

Paul Roper and I met for lunch at Brandi's today. Before meeting, I asked Paul did he think Brandi would mind if I brought my new toy, the little bitty camcorder and to a video inside. He said he doubt if she would mind.

Paul beat me there about five minutes. While waiting on me asked her if she would mind if I took pictures. She told him, "not at all." We met at 11:00 before the lunch crowd took over. And, with not many people there the stage was set. I didn't know it until today but Brandy knew it is me who does the blog Chicken-Fat. I guess she figured it out. So without further ado -

Take it away Rock, Brandi, and Paul!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOT BAD, ROCK DEMILLE.

PBR

Eddie said...

PR,
It was all the good work of this cameraman I got off the street. He made all shooting arrangements and took the central theme picture. And he worked for nothing.

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN'T BEAT A VAGRANT CAMERA OPERATOR. THEY ARE A DYING BREED. AS IS THE REST OF US.
GOOD SHOW.
PBR