Saturday, August 09, 2008

My Card


(Click on card to enlarge)


Or, “Here, take my business card.”

Or, “Hunter, Eddie Hunter, my card.”

I am practicing in presenting my card in the same suave manner Sean Connery handed out his cards when he played JAMES BOND.

My son Adam fixed it that I can use www.chicken-fat.com, www.et-hunter.com and/or eddie-hunter.com to go directly to my blog. So, if you are out of town and are not sitting at your own computer with your own links, just type any of the above three and zap right to my blog. Another thing, you don’t have to type out the www’s and you can use upper or lower case.

A couple of times I had reason to try to tell someone my blog address and we we had to rely on their memory. If I had cards to handout their memory wouldn't be the problem - they would have another problem: how to gracefully turn down the card.

Maybe, “Please take a card, please… pretty please take a card.”

Perhaps, “Here, Take a Card, Any Card.”

6 comments:

kenju said...

I see you knew Charles Atlas....Oh, you must be the 98 pound weakling.....LOL


Sorry, Eddie, I couldn't resist!!

Eddie said...

Judy,
Right! I was always getting sand kicked in my face until I became a 298 pound weakling.

Deborah Wilson said...

Hehe,

Blog cards - I've thought about this a time or two, but I've never go around to it. I'm still writing mine out on note pad paper.

I ran across a blogger not too long ago who was suggesting ways to promote one's blog - she said it wouldn't surprise her if people started using bumper stickers!

Naw - that's a little too far out. Plus, I think it would not be too cool, personal security wise.

But the cards are a good idea.

Eddie said...

Deborah,
Blog address on a bumper sticker? I hope I don't get that carried away.

On three occassions in the past week I had reason to try to tell some people of my blog and had no pen and paper to give the address. I just had to rely on their memory: (1) for them to even remember in another time and setting, I am a believer in "out of sight, out of mind" and (2) to remember the address itself. Mind is easy to remember, I think... but I found by experience never trust anybody's memory to do something.
So, I was telling Anna about it and she suggested I print off some business cards. So I printed off 10. I bet in a month's time I will still have over 8. I am the frugal and just won't hand them out unless I am pretty sure the person will use it.

Michael Bains said...

Coolish! I just typed in "chicken-fat.com" and got back here, lickety-split.

Niiice.

Eddie said...

Michael,

Maybe you never left.

Seriously, I am trying to get my son to fix the cyber world that all links would somehow get by-passed and come to me. Then, I will rule the world! HAHAHAHA!