Thursday, August 28, 2008

Democratic Convention and Bill Clinton


Bill Clinton gave a speech last night. At first he had to wait until people quit cheering and clapping. Each time he started to speak, they would go into a roar again.. I think he had rather for them to shut up so he could get on with his speech. He has a way of speaking in a candid manner which comes off as candidly honest and sincere.

Last night at the Democratic Convention Bill Clinton said that John McCain, the Republican soon-to-be nominee, is an honorable man. He is. Clinton said McCain loved his country as much as the Democrats. I believe he does. He reminded us that John McCain had to go through a long painful endurance ordeal as a POW in Vietnam. My hat is off to McCain. I cannot even imagine what he went through.

He also pointed out that John McCain wants to stay on the same path with Iraq and our economy as Bush. That is the difference.

Clinton said in so many words you can respect a man and praise him for his service to his country, but if his “leading a country” philosophy has been proven wrong by the present president - then you have a choice to make.

I think Clinton was also saying in so many words, “lets not throw mud at our opponent”.

I think Obama can win with a positive campaign.

I wonder who is going to throw the most mud and make whom the butt of their forwarding slanderous e-mail jokes.

2 comments:

kenju said...

So far, McCain's people have slung the most mud. I sure hope that Obama's people don't start that. I can't listen to it.

Eddie said...

Judy,
On this side of the woods, the anti-Obama forces have slung all the mud.