Friday, August 15, 2008

Michael Phelps is something isn’t he?

I think I read that Michael has won more Gold Olympic Medals than any one in modern times. I was wondering what his secret was and did a little mini-research on him. He grew up in Baltimore, has father worked for the State Police, and Michael was diagnosed as ADHD (Attention Disorder Hyperactivity Disorder) and he has two sisters.

I was wondering what his driving force was. What made him tick, so to speak… after studying his wikipedia rap sheet I see now. it is obvious:

He is trying to be like me.*

Well, my father worked for Police organizations and I have two sisters, and people didn’t know of such things when I was young, but if they did, I bet I would have been diagnosed with ADHD too. And hey! we both consume a lot of calories daily.

I wonder how Michael discovered me. Maybe he visited somebody in this area a couple and dropped by the East Cobb County Indoor Aquatic Center and saw me swim with such determination…. And again, maybe not.


*If you are wondering how such a wild idea came to me I’ll tell you. I stole it. Not too long ago a family I know cut down a tree in their yard. The people who live behind them has two tennis courts, a pond, and a swimming pool (however the first family has a pool also), and own several acres of land. Not long after the first people cut down their tree the wealthy people behind them cut down a tree. They said in all sincerity, “They are trying to be like us.”

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I just read this aloud to my hubby, who came home from work early today, and we cannot stop cracking up. This is a big compliment, as the hubby never laughs aloud at things I read him.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Indeed I do feel complemented. You getting a bang out of it was a big complement... but by a hubby that rarely laughs aloud - that is a complement on top of a complement.
I know. Because I very seldom laugh out loud either.

Suzanne said...

I've been cackling like mad at several of your recent posts.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
You are only encouraging me...