Saturday, March 17, 2007

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!


To me Saint Patrick’s Day is a day to wear green, pinch those who don’t and eat corn beef and cabbage.

Others have a far deeper relationship with Saint Patrick’s Day: To drink themselves into oblivion.

I did my corn beef and cabbage thing yesterday with a Rueben sandwich which had sauerkraut on it. And I don’t think the deli we were at served green Diet Coke, so I had to settle for a straw that hat tiny little green stripes on it.

I would go into what all the drinking and celebrating is about but I would just have to copy from two already excellent essays on Saint Patrick by Bill Reichart at his Provocative Church* and Sister Mary Martha.

*I already stole the Provocative Church’s St. Paddy’s stained glass window (above), that was enough.

No comments: