Thursday, March 22, 2007

Do You Know Your Readers?


As a blogger have you ever wondered who make up your readers or audience? Do you have mythical characters that you conjured up that you write for or do you have certain humans in mind when you write? You probably want to please your audience or at least stimulate them to come back for more.

So what is your audience/readers comprised of? Right or left wing radicals? Gender? Average age? Income? The type of vehicle they have? I have don’t know and don’t want to know – I might feel intimidated.

I write for me. I am the only one I know I can please anyway, so why not charm myself?

I think about half my audience I know in one way or the other, as old friends, new friends, or immediate family who keep coming back for more.

The ones that I don’t are what I think as the ghosts. They are out there in cyberspace darkness watching in their own silent way. I get the trembles even thinking about them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm one of your ghosts! I read you every day. I feel bad knowing so much about you and you don't even know that I exist until now! ; )

Eddie said...

I knew it! (jumping up and down)
I knew it!
Well, I am glad to meet you, er-Sir? Ma'm?
Are you a native Georgian?

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid not. Native of Marion County Florida, where my family goes back to the 19th cent. Reading your blogs makes me miss being around my family history, but now I'm creating new family history in Marietta and it's been wonderful to read the information that you share. But we have had family in Cobb county for years, until the new East West Connector consumed their home of over 30 years near the covered bridge.

Eddie said...

Anonymous,
I'm sorry you lost your home to the E-W Connector. We once lived in that area near Hurt and Hicks Road. We moved in 1976. It is a nice area, also packed with history.
Last summer and fall I was in the area of the covered bridge several times when I rode my bike on the Silver Comet Trail.
Yes indeed, you were born in an area rich with history. I think a lot of the Indian Wars were fought in the area of Ocala. And if you get bored with the history of the area you can always go to Disney World.

Anonymous said...

How true! Thanks again for your insightful and amusing commentary. I'm sure we cross paths often and don't even see each other, since I'm a ghost and you're invisible.
All the best...

Eddie said...

anonymous,
Thanks.
Strangers passing in the night.
Wait! I feel a song coming on.