Friday, April 15, 2016

Paris Douglas Hunter






My uncle  Paris Douglas "Doug"  Hunter (1916-1986).  Like most of his brothers he worked at Lockheed and loved sports.  One time he was seriously considered for playing professional baseball.

When I was a kid I looked forward to see him because he knew how to get my giggle box goingHe had a sharp wit with a quick response.  I think he had a nickname for all his nieces and nephews.  I was "Tedo", who I think was a wrestler in the 1940s.  My sister Bonnie was "Bonami".  Thus, he gave "Bonami" a facebook  pseudo name.

He married Lola Jean Turner (1918-1996.  I thought Lola Jean was a 100% family person until I went to the Marietta Public Library, branch upstairs in a metal building at Larry Bell Park and accidentally  saw her with a group of kids around her telling a story with enthusiasm..


Doug and Lola Jean had four kids, which three grew into adulthood.  The fourth one, Jeanne in 1946, apparently died at birth or shortly Afterwards.

No comments: